View Single Post
Old June 8, 2017   #26
WaltRoos
Tomatovillian™

Default Low Acid ??

From the books I've read, All ??, tomatoes have a very similar PH. (Acid). The main difference is in the sugar content. ie different tomatoes with the same PH will taste acidic or not depending on the sugar content. (Brix ?)

" There is probably as much variation in the pH and acidity of tomatoes due to climate,soil,cultural practices and ripeness as(there is) to variety differences," "USDA"
from "All About Tomatoes " book. about 1980.

Myself, I just don't know. Until this year My Taste buds have been in very sorry shape, which I believe was caused mostly by Nasal Sprays. I gave them all up except Saline solution, and my taste buds are recovering nicely. I'm not a Dr. but I think I could play one on TV. At 76 years old my doctors no longer tell me what's best for me. I study any problems and we discuss what "we" are going to do to make things better. Well, That's my attitude anyway.

I enjoy both the Celebrity and Jet Star as well as the Big Beef. I hope that this year I will be able to finally do some good taste tests.

love to all,

walt

PS So now when I read that a Tomato is low in Acidity I automatically interpret that to mean that this tomato has a high sugar content, or whatever.

Last edited by WaltRoos; June 8, 2017 at 06:13 PM.
WaltRoos is offline   Reply With Quote