View Single Post
Old December 10, 2018   #23
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

I checked out the web site Carolyn provided a link too back in January again. It does seem to have been fleshed out a little more with more meat on what was a pretty bare boned web page. Near the bottom of the page, it has a tomato identifier function which allows you to identify tomatoes by color, shape, size, and type. I identified orange, large, round; and indeterminate. It identified quite a few cultivars which fit the description. I was curious if it would identify KBX. It didn't, but it did identify Kellogg's Breakfast and Orange Minsk and a few others. I didn't follow anything to see if it led me to favored plant or seed vendors. If they continue adding to the site,, it could become a useful data base for information regarding tomatoes much like Tatiana's Tomato Base has been a useful tool for me over the years.

I was wrong. It did identify KBX as the last entry on the second page of photos.

If they would add cultivar histories, preferred growing zones, disease resistance, and tomato based recipes; it would be a great web page/data base.

Last edited by DonDuck; December 10, 2018 at 10:25 AM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote