View Single Post
Old August 11, 2018   #7
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBert View Post
Sorry I wasn't very clear. I understand how to mix it. I Folliow the direction and do a 5 gal batch. Presently I add about a 1 gal of this prep to each container once a week. I have no idea if this is too much or not enough. I also don;t know if I should top water it by removing the covering,or just fill the reservoir with it. Or even use it as a foliar fertilizer. I'm just trying to get others opinions and what works best.

Remember, I'm growing outside in the South Florida sun, much different than in Aklaska under cover.

I'd liove your opinion. You really have fantastic results
No problem. You use it every time you water. These are continuous feed fertilizers, they are tailored to use every watering. At recommended strengths your plants would die using it once a week. We do things this way so we avoid peaks and valleys of fertilizer absorption.

Start your program and observe results, you will have it down soon. Keep your pH around 6.2 for best results, but you will get good results if you are close. Experiment with container size, pruning techniques, varieties, and it will evolve into excess amount of delicious tomatoes.

Buy the very affordable HG tomato growers guide. It is for GH growing, but you do not need one, so simply treat your garden like a GH with no cover. A member named Ricky Shaw jumped on board, he nailed it, and has beautiful plants outside in the heat. Maybe search out his thread. I grow outside too, the plants are loaded and look great.

Some days we water and feed three times a day. Our temps in the GH will run in the 80's, we also have very long day length. There are people all over the world who use these mixes, so other than minor element adjustments we are all on the same page.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, myself and others in the loop are more than happy to help where we can.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote