View Single Post
Old July 31, 2016   #4
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi..Thanks for your reply ...When I press Set ....24.0 appears and flashes....Now I presume thats the temperature it is set at or I set it at cause it would not go over 24.0 which puzzles me.......However I still have an air temperature reading of between 23 and 25.5 where its required and I think that will gradually warm the soil in my drums...

So as I see it d is the differential? and I am most probably on the default setting cause I have certainly never done anything to it...

I presume the LED beside work ...when it lights up it means its feeding electricity to the heater...cause when the light goes off the temperature still rises 1 and a 1/2 degrees and again there is a lag at the lower end but thats no problem for me...
I will try to raise the temperature setting ...How I think this is done is by pressing SET and the 24.0 will appear and it it is flashing I can use the Up arrow to increase the setting to say 27.0 but how to lock it in...?

This thermostat is popular with home brewers and I got some tips on it via their forums....but many people have the same problem as I do ..how to set it...Its all about wiring it and nothing about how to set it...amazing??

There is also a High Temperature and a Low Temperature setting but goodness knows how to set that up ....a set temperature with a couple of degrees variation either side will do it for me...

Now I just tried raising the setting...IE I pressed Set and 24.0 appeared and flashes ..I then tried to raise it by pressing the arrow but I cannot get it over 24.0 ....I am sure if I pressed the down arrow it will go down ..so maybe its defective....I just ordered 4 more STC -1000 thermostats so at least I will be happy with them...Later I will do some more experimenting on this MH1210W and see what happens....Regards Ron

Regards Ron

Last edited by murihikukid; July 31, 2016 at 08:48 PM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote