View Single Post
Old January 30, 2017   #69
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Since I like to do at least a full chamber my first day I am going to have to wait to send you pictures of the actual grafting steps but I can go ahead and show some I took today that show what I use. It is important to get everything set up or you spend way too much time getting up and moving things and finding things. The pictures below show the items I use.
1. grafting clips silicon sizes 1.5mm, 2.mm, 2.5mm, and 3mm. It makes it so much easier to have a good range of sizes so you aren't forced to do them all in a day or two.
2. Diatomaceous Earth- Optisorb from O'Reilly Auto parts medium grain along with some Urban Farms liquid fertilizer which I will dilute to 1/3 to 1/2 recommended strength. I will use that to wet the DE before putting the completed graft in the coffee cup filled with DE. I use the watering can to make that easier.
3. Cups- I use standard coffee cups and punch holes in the bottom with the skewer
4. Razor blade standard double sided cut in half, skewer, plastic cutting board and some clippers for halving the razors which are much easier to use that way.
5. A healing chamber ready to go.

I also keep some rubbing alcohol to sanitize the cutting board and to clean the razor blade occasionally. If the blade starts cutting poorly I just get another because clean cuts are essential.

Hopefully tomorrow or the next day I can get started grafting and can show more of the actual process.

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1045.jpg (392.3 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1046.jpg (410.5 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1048.jpg (285.2 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1050.jpg (345.0 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1047.jpg (350.1 KB, 148 views)
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote