View Single Post
Old November 30, 2017   #90
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti..Yes...I fully agree with your concern ...I have just checked the 4 drums I did last night with Yara Mila complex and I am hoping its not my imagination but they look as though they have "Bloomed" overnight ...I will take some photos and post them ...I will be doing the rest of the drums today........I am expecting cotton rope samples today to arrive for wicking and especially with the weather we are having I should be a lot happier with them feeding water than the polypropaline I am presently using..I am convinced the method of watering from a reservoir above is the best method as they are fed clean fresh water ..Looking back I realise I made a terrible decision feeding water upwards from a tray below which basicly turned into a disease trap.....
I am writing on the top of the drums exactly what they get and the date as I do it.....I will do a ph test on the 4 drums and continue doing the rest of the drums with Yara Mila today .....I made a decision to buy mature plants from a different garden centre than last year ...I do not want to be messed around by false promises as I have faced ....I have actually seen the plants at the growers that they are growing with me in mind as a buyer and they are looking extremely good ...a lot better than their younger ones ...which they are basicly giving away .....I could not believe what they looked like when i was there a few days ago ...With so many years in the business I wonder how they got in the state they are.....they are apparantly replentishing all their stock as its still early in the buying season here..
I still have about 15 drums to get and hopefully where I get them from will have them soon ..They all require to be washed and disinfected which is quite a big job...Of course bringing them home on my bike and trailor is also not easy ...I am also getting some slightly larger drums due to supply ...I have not checked yet but these I think will take well over 3 litres inside the plastic ring at their top
As usual I get carried away with Tasty Tom cuttings being developed so will give them away.....My one Indian Stripe I have thankfully is looking great ....
So everything should be good next season if i am around...I will be 8 weeks earlier with my seedlings ..I will hopefully have a working growth chamber and sturdier plants plus my own seeds and a far better knowledge on soil ferilisation...Who knows I might even be able to plan a couple of late Tasty Toms and bring them inside over winter for my tomato sandwiches..
Regards Ron...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Ethiopean_2017-12-01_103406.jpg (130.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg INDIAN STRIPE_2017-12-01_103031.jpg (165.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg LEBANON_2017-12-01_103217.jpg (175.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Missouri Love Apple_2017-12-01_102840.jpg (189.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Monte Carlo_2017-12-01_102318.jpg (173.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Myras Delight_2017-12-01_102600.jpg (167.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Purple Cherry_2017-12-01_103627.jpg (161.7 KB, 27 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote