View Single Post
Old October 19, 2018   #2564
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Rajun,

I had friends in most of the oil refineries in south Louisiana who often took me duck hunting in a private hunting club south of Gueydan. I can't remember the name of the club, but it was very close to the inter-coastal waterway.We would sit on the porch in the evening and the bayou would rise and fall as barges moved along the waterway.

The hunting lodge was a historic hotel of two or three stories. Each room in the lodge was named after a famous person or President who had slept in that room. I think I slept in the Kennedy room. The whole place was a combination of flooded rice fields and marsh. I think it was managed by a Cajun family named Abshire. They were great cooks and very good hunting guides. The lodge was on the bayou and each morning and evening, two guests would load into each boat and then be dropped off at hunting blinds.When a guest left for home, the ducks were given to the guest already plucked, cleaned, and packaged for the freezer when you got home. I've tried for many years to remember the name of the club, but haven't.It was always an enjoyable time

Last edited by DonDuck; October 19, 2018 at 05:21 PM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote