View Single Post
Old June 19, 2018   #1
mobiledynamics
Tomatovillian™

Default Daconil / Copper SettleMent

1st year using fung. to maximize crop.

Some observations. My sprayers - the bottom 4 corners has small divots - more like 3" oval depressions. Anyhow, with leftover Daconil and shaking it before spraying, the settled daconil does not budge, even after vigor-us shaking of it. Don't really notice it when the sprayer has liquid. More like after emptying it to rinse it clean, does one notice. Took a 2 Quart saucepan, boiled medium hot water, poured it in, let it sit for 20 seconds, shake. No dice. Emptied out the sprayer again and just used a strong pencil pattern on the hose nozzle which got rid of the settled daconil mix. A good analogy would be like wet cornstarch/flour. When it falls out of suspension even though in liquid, it's quite tenacious.

Since these fung. concentrates are technically a liquid product, I was not expecting the settlement

My copper sprayer I've yet to use up yet . Not sure if I will see similar/same behaviour.

Anyhow, like most chems, it looks like it may be best practice just to mix up what one may think they may use in a spray session and try ~not~ to have any leftover.

I did not mix alot as I know mix rotation/age is important. It's just interesting how the settled product is -conjealed --- bad description--, let's say it get's into a viscuous slurry, that settle in these divots. Shaking does affect it. Hot water does not affect it. A strong isolated blast does....which mean this stuff is thick and somewhat tenacious once settled.

For those more famiiar, care to share some info

Last edited by mobiledynamics; June 19, 2018 at 12:21 PM.
mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote