View Single Post
Old April 23, 2007   #1
sirtanon
Tomatovillian™

Default Raising your own "Cherubs"

Okay.. so it's a bit of a play on words..

..and before anyone asks.. I bought them on sale, and I was curious how they tasted.. turns out they tasted pretty good.

...and then I got a bit bored and thought it might be a fun little way to re-use and get creative..

Aren't they cute? Many of you may have seen these at the store.. put out by the same company that distributes "Nature Sweet" cherry tomatoes - Desert Glory.

--------------------------

So, here's how to raise your own "Cherubs"

Step 1 - Pick up your little pack of cherubs from the store:

Step 2 - Open up your cherubs' little home. Say hello. Invite them out to play and be eaten:

Step 3 - Give your cherubs a little hug. When I say little hug, what I really mean is, squeeze them until they pop :

...after all, it's the only way they'll learn.

Step 4 - That little cherub house is just the right size and shape for little cherub-lings. Fill it with a nice mix. In this case, I've mixed peat, perlite, and vermiculite in a ratio of about 3:2:1 and then added in just a little bit of used coffee grounds for some basic nutrients:

Cherubs like to play in the dirt. Might as well give them a place to do it.

Step 5 - Add some warm water - enough to get the mix fully moist, and then tuck some little cherub seeds into the mix ever so slightly. Cover with some more mix, mist lightly, and then cover them back up:

Here, they'll stay all nice and warm and moist and grow up to be strong little cherublings!

-------------------------

LOL, that was fun!

I placed the container on a small towel in back of my DVR in my entertainment unit.. nice and warm back there.

They were placed there on the 20th. I just checked them out and it seems I've already got a sprout!

Updates to follow