View Single Post
Old May 13, 2017   #30
StrongPlant
Tomatovillian™

The monster cross:

Probably the most vigorous F1 with that pimp ever.The plant has surpassed all other varieties in terms of growth and flowering.It's already putting out it's 4th truss(compared to others that are at 1st or second) and it looks like it's going to be the 1st one to ripen.
This is the mother parent,it's an unkown PL variety with messy flowering pattern that I got from my neighbour:

If the hybrid shows good preformance,taste and fruit size I might make this cross again and this would also be the 1st approved(by me ) F1 I developed.

I saved a lot of seeds from the DCS,the resistant spontaneous cross I mentioned last season.I planted some 50 plants and they're showing a lot of variability:
Some like this one,have almost multiflora-level number of flowers:

Others seem to be of determinate habit:

And some produce much less flowers:

Many have glossy,waxy leaves and look quite pretty.It's now clearer that the cherry parent was an F1,and it seems it's parents were a determinate and a multiflora-type,but this is uncertain.I'll probably pull the determinates and grow another stem from the nearest indeterminate as one of the traits I'm selecting for is indeterminate growth.
StrongPlant is offline   Reply With Quote