View Single Post
Old November 29, 2011   #46
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Jack, Thanks for the small laugh about the organics and Christianity...It's bordering on true though and that is kind of scary. Organic pesticides can be far more dangerous than the synthetics. They think if it says organic that it is not sprayed.duh!

I do want to sat that I am amazed that the consumers there are unwilling to try anything different. Up here the different it is the easier I can sell it. I never bring home anything from my market that is purple. It always sells and then I have people asking for it the rest of the market. I have also found that if you put a price on it it does become more valuable to them. I realize that you do a community "free" stand, but I have found that people do utilize the food better if they have to pay something for it. I couldn't give cherry tomatoes away two years ago. I started putting them in pints and charging whatever the price was in the store and I don't have enough now. Makes no sense to me.

I hope next year you have a little more rain and a little less heat. Maybe we could swap some of those conditions. We need more heat and less rain. I'm already praying.