View Single Post
Old April 25, 2019   #1
svalli
Tomatovillian™

Default New roof for HFGH

Already last summer the roof of my HFGH 10'x12' started to look quite ugly with all the holes on the outer layer and dirt getting into the channels. Last fall I finally ordered new twin-wall polycarbonate sheets. Since I did not trust the measurements on the assembly instruction and we needed also to fix my in-laws' old glass greenhouse roof, I got the 2100mm x 6000mm sheets. It was quite a hassle to move and cut the huge sheets into correct measurements, and store the pieces for my greenhouse over the winter, but we managed to do it.

The original panels are 4mm thick, but I wanted to get a bit stronger, so I ordered 6mm thick sheets. I had to squeeze some edges with pliers to get the thicker panels to fit in some places, but it should not cause any problems.

I hope these sheets last longer than the original ones which were there for 8 years. I used polymer adhesive sealant to secure the panels to the frame in addition of the original springs. This time I did not put any screws through the panels, because I did not want to puncture them.

New vent openers are still needed and then the greenhouse is ready for new season.

Sari
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old roof 1.jpg (336.6 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg old roof 2.jpg (346.7 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg new roof.jpg (380.2 KB, 252 views)