View Single Post
Old September 6, 2007   #27
where_with_all
Tomatovillian™

Hello Korney

I thought I spelled everything right but maybe I messed up on a couple. I abreviated some of the names so the table would be alligned right.

As far as filters go I'm happy to include "very good" in between good and great.

You make the statement:
so if you see a pic with many fruit in it, that generally is an indicator of its production (though a pic with just 1 fruit does not mean it's low production.)

Does a pic with two fruit in it mean low production?? In the pics you posted for these tomatoes there were plates with 2 fruit, 3 fruit and lots of fruit. What measurment are your using for low production? Are the two and tree fruit low producers compared to the ones with lots of fruit on the plate? Is Joe's plum much less productive than Wagner or only a little?

With regards to Blah- this is my attempt to call it like it is relative to the other tomatos. The blah lable is only in reference to the other tomatoes. I hate tomato descriptions that never say anything bad. For once I would love to get an answer--Like this tomato tastes like cardboard when compared to Joe's plum, or this tomato produces only 1lbs per plant or you get the drift.

Within the context of these eight tomato's there absolutely must be a best producer and worst producer (under the same growing conditions). There also must be a best tasting and worst tatsting under the same growing and taste bud (or as you prefer smell) conditions. --its just life. We can't all be 10's and we can't all be 1's. A room full of geniuses will have a smartest person and a... well you get the picture.