View Single Post
Old March 8, 2008   #43
flowerfarm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdntomato View Post
Thank you for the clarification about survivalist. That may be interpreted, as you point out, as a belief system. Preservation, however, is a skill set. That's what was puzzling me about the website, I wasn't seeing any skill set(s) with which to undertake this mammoth task. Now I understand that it's not really about preserving books and seeds, but rather more holistic.

And please, wherein lies the Saskatchewan connection? If the border issues/restrictions, especially involving germplasm, remain in place between our countries, then are you duplicating holdings on both sides so as to bypass this? Under whose aegis here is the vault?

Thanks once again.
Jennifer
Baby steps Jennifer. It's in the planning stages. The three sites mentioned were chosen do to geologic history: bedrock composition, soil types, hydrology, uplift, sinking, etc. When it comes time to expand to Saskatchewan a sister organization will file papers for recognition in Canada. Germplasm, NO. I'm not trained in that field. Seeds, having owned a nursery and seed-raising 85% of my stock--that I know. I'll stick with what I know. It's safer.
flowerfarm is offline   Reply With Quote