View Single Post
Old October 3, 2016   #6
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboog View Post
Try to contact Lowe's, Walmart, or other companies in the area. Oftentimes they will donate to a cause if they can write it off on their taxes. You just need to ask the school for their tax id number. That way, you can get mulch, amendments, whatever else you might need if the garden is in disrepair or in need of a few edits.

Good luck!
This, and talk to corporate sponsors or local business. In addition, one person needs to be assigned as the project manager who can see it through. Also, seems like these things go better when farm animals get involved (chickens, goats, etc..). The kids love the chickens, etc....

Relying on child labor in America is not very reliable. So expect volunteers to maintain the thing and use for educational purposes. I find that people peter out on obligations, and more than likely will be more work than reward.

The only one's I have seen successful, have managed to pay a person to oversee the project, everyone else is volunteer, but some college kid can be obtained for reasonable fee.

sounds like a good place to plant a few trees if you ask me. I've seen the best of intentions go south season 1.
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote