View Single Post
Old January 24, 2011   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I've been very disappointed with Bejo regarding their failure to produce several hybrids for which they have been given exclusive rights. Net result is we cannot enjoy certain combinations that the breeders intended for release.
With this I will agree Travis.

Remember that Randy Gardner and many of us were so disappointed that Bejo didn't come through with Mt Magic and Plum Regal when they were supposed to have done so, and I think it was assumed that that was due to problems with seed production. it's one of the reasons I did that seed offer here with those two and Smarty F1, seeds donated by Randy. I don't know if Bejo was behind Smarty F1, I just assumed so, but that one just appeared at Johnny's, so I don't know what the story there was.

Most of these are offered in large commercial amounts from Seedway and for some reason I get the e-mails they send out.

And remember how so many of us contacted Bejo reps and didn't get very far that way either.

So I guess we'll just have to wait to see what happens with Tasti-lee. it's not a hybrid I would grow but I do understand it has some genes that some who breed tomatoes would want to use in their projects.

Do you know of any other tomato varieties that Bejo has been subcontracted for at this point?