View Single Post
Old February 11, 2017   #21
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilex View Post
I share seeds under domestic SSE's conditions for everybody, member or not.

I'm at seed sharing mode now, later in the year I'm just way too busy and get way behind.

At least "de colgar" tomatoes store better at not so cool temperatures. If it's cold for us, it's too cold for them.
Artis may not know what you are referring to so let me explain.

Artis, SSE refers to Seed Savers Exchange in Iowa, and they also publish each year a Yearbook, from which SSE members can request seeds. They also publish a public catalog from which anyone can order seeds, they set the price, but in the members only Yearbook, those who are listed members set their own request prices.

Ilex has said he will send to anyone under domestic SSE's conditions. Ilex is a listed SSE member and if you want to pursue this I can try and list his conditions.

But also know that I will be listing a few de colgar ones, all from Ilex, in my next seed offer here at Tville for an SASE.

Just for reference,here is the link To SSE

https://www.google.com/search?q=seed..._AUIBygA&dpr=1

Don't click on the top one which says AD(green),click on the next one down.

SSE membership is not for everyone IMO for several reasons, I think one of the most important is having grown at least a 100 or so varieties from different sources so a person knows how to rogue out wrong varieties, and secondly there are many here at Tville who do seed offers with some rare varieties and some not.
There's a few more considerations but I won't go into that now.

Carolyn