View Single Post
Old August 7, 2013   #7
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I offered this variety in my Jan 2013 seed offer and will be offering it again, but see below.

Two years ago I did get seeds from Margie at another message site. Neil L grew it out for seed production, and it was one of the best hearts he'd ever grown, and that's saying a lot since he's grown thousands of varieties/

But his seed production was very low so in my next seed offer I asked for volunteers to do seed production and they were:

Joe's Pink Oxheart

PaulF
lurley
Linda 10

Many times you've seen me post, especially when folks are talking about seed trading, that I would like to think they would consider buying at least half of their seeds from the smaller family run businesses b'c they need our support in these economic times and also are the ones who are also preserving varieties by making them available to thepublic..

Margie was generous with me,I sent her several varieties she didn't have, as thanks,and I do hope some of you will buy from her and she has some other good varieties as well,

Just tell her that Carolyn Male sent you.

And yes,I did send Fred seeds for several heart varieties b/c I'd like to see him and
Mark come up with some hearts, whether bees, or wasps, or whatever.I love his breeding accomplishments, I l love hearts,so there you go.

Carolyn

Edited to add that in the Fall I put up the performance thread for all the varieties that folks got from me in this last offer,and I know that there were quite a few who requested Joe's Pink Oxheart, so let's see how it did for folks in different parts of the country.