View Single Post
Old December 10, 2011   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas14 View Post
Anyone else here tempted to grow the Dester tomato, which won the 2011 SSE tomato tasting? Unless it's listed in the 2012 SSE Yearbook(I didn't see it listed in the 2011 Yearbook), I think I'd have to purchase the six tomato varieties, in the Tomato Collection, from the SSE Public Catalog, to obtain Dester.
Have any of you tasted Dester, by chance?
Doug, I'm not sure what the competition was at the Tomato tasting, perhaps Craig can answer that b'c he was kind of the host for that tasting. And yes, in the 2012 SSE catalog they said that they didn't have enough seeds to list it separately.

Your same question was asked elsewhere and someone responded that there was another source, so let me see if I can go fetch that.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=19814

It turns out that it was also discussed here a couple of months ago and that's what the above link is about. The link in post 5 is to the person who I guess gave the seed to SSE and is apparently selling the seed so check it out.

But I'm seeing it spelled Dester as well as Destor. Larry got the seeds from an Amish lady and received them as Destor although SSE is selling them spelled as Dester, unfortunately.

And yes, Larry Pierce is selling seeds for Destor via his website which was linked to in post 5 of the above link.