View Single Post
Old July 23, 2012   #49
gardenhappy
Tomatovillian™

Ginger,
the tag-a-log came from a trade i did with a man from the Philippines,he said they are a market standard there.Meduim size slicer,very sweet,firm,great to eat fresh and on hamburgs.

Myth came from a trade and i have no information at all on this one.

I also have seeded PLUMMY-a plum variety from Jamacia I bought from a feed mill there(Jamacian police gave us excort from the cruise area just to get some seeds!)

i would love to try from you:
barnes mountain yellow
black master
black mountain pink
cherokee green
hartmans yellow gooseberry
purple dog creek
sweetie cherry
yellow pear
pink ping pong
any other cherry variety you want to throw in!

I just started my tomato's for the fall/winter season last week but for some last minute seeds I grew out right after Debby left to try to get a jump start on replacing all the tomato plants that storm smashed with the rain and high winds.Those are about 1 1/2 foot at this point.
I may bring some plants in 1 gallon containers to the trade.

I'm still wanting blue tomato seeds for our childrens gardens at the community garden if anyone has some.

My beefsteakes were full of beautiful huge tomato's and my Rose was loaded with several very large 1# plus tomato's.After the storm it got so hot and muggy that did most of the rest in.
I cut back anything left with green and fertilized with our homemade fish emulsion.They all seem to be comming back really well that still were green.