View Single Post
Old June 19, 2010   #11
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

This morning I weeded the garden, and put cages in for some of the tomato plants, and bamboo in for the others that needed it. Not much to report except to say most everything is doing well. A few tomato plants are slow growers still. I did use fertilizer a couple days ago so maybe that'll spark them a bit.

Squirrels are still being pests looking for their peanuts they buried in my garden area. Think I'll buy some of that material people have mentioned you can get at craft stores. Only thing I can do is cover the plants or by a BB gun. And the neighbors would surely call 911 if I start shooting up the neighborhood. And trapping them only to release them in someone else's neighborhood wouldn't be the nicest thing to do.

Have had many leaves on my eggplant and pepper plants chewed on. Today we found a couple dark colored pests on the top of one of the eggplant leaves near one of the blossoms. They were maybe a quarter inch long, and huddled very close together. No idea what they are but I will finally need to buy some type insect poison to put on the leaves.

Good news is one of my daylillies is budding. Will keep an eye out for the flowers.

That's about it. Hoping to see fruitset soon on several plants.
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote