View Single Post
Old April 15, 2019   #422
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

YEAR TWO:

I am waking this thread back up. It's 2019, wake up you sleepy heads

Last year, I was so depressed trying to go from growing in the ground for so many years - to growing in containers. I had never grown in containers.

I found myself replying to a thread tonight, and realized I learned a whole lot last year. I also realized that I shouldn't reply to that thread because I have built up some vigor that didn't agree with that thread.

"I am not a scientific person. I trust what feels and smells right to me - which might make me sound foolish. 2018 was my first attempt at using mixes in containers. I saw what happened with different mixes. The words "Professional" and "Pro Mix" do not mean anything to me. Neither does a brand name. You have to feel it and understand it, and amend it correctly as you know best, and learn along the way.

I bought some transplants and have some that I started way too late. I'll bet they kick some arse because I know they will barring a late frost."

I have made a lot of changes, and I will be using liquid fertilizer that AKmark pointed out. You have to understand what is normal and then you go with your gut, and take advice and learn from it.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote