View Single Post
Old July 3, 2010   #30
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

okay i can't believe i am saying this but i'm going to try daconil.

the reason i have decided is i found this post by carolyn from last year and it says a few things that i needed to read. her comment is #5 in this link http://idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?p=317569

now i have a couple of questions about this since i know nothing about this product.

(1) it sounds like you use this after every rain or every 5-7 days if it does not rain?

(2) i like concentrates because they are more cost effective. can i buy daconil as a liquid concentrate (i hate powders)?

(3) how long will liquid concentrate last? for example i have bt concentrate from the mid 90's and it's still effective when kept in a cool dark place.

(4) i'm guessing you really drench the plant when spraying it? i assume this means under the leaves as well as the top leaf surfaces?

(5) are there products with chlorothalonil that should be avoided? are there products with chlorothalonil that are better than others? please cite names.

i'll re-read this thread and try to glean info now that i am willing to try daconil. i think i'd better buy it now before everyone is trying to get it and it's not available. i also hope the concentrate will store for a couple of years and i'll get a quart. like i stated in my original comment in keith's thread if i can't have tomatoes what's the use of summer, this product seems to be somewhat safe based upon carolyn's comments and i'm going to die of something anyway!

tom
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote