View Single Post
Old July 25, 2013   #46
kath
Tomatovillian™

Default Zluta Kytice

Seeds were from Carolyn's 2013 seed offer and produced this healthy multiflora type that sprouts from everywhere on the vines, branches and all places in-between! Staking/pruning to a single vine? Ah, it thinks not.

Ok, am I the only one who winds up disappointed that most of the flowers on multiflora varieties don't set fruit or do others actually get boatloads of tomatoes from these things? Photo 1 shows the whole flowery plant, pic 2 shows the ripening fruit, pic 3 shows how much fruit actually set, pic 4 shows how much fruit set on Sungold, the plant next to this one; pics 5 & 6 show comparison of its fruit to Sungold F1. See what I mean?

I do like that it's a petite fruit that doesn't seem to be splitting, although there have only been 3 so far that have begun to turn. The first ripe one in the photos that I ate today was a bit sweet but strangely it had no noticeable flavor at all. I'm hoping that will change because I'd love to add a cute little yellow cherry to my keeper collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2487.jpg (539.2 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg zk.jpg (581.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg z.k.jpg (526.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg sungold.jpg (544.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2741.jpg (521.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2743.jpg (212.5 KB, 85 views)
kath is offline   Reply With Quote