View Single Post
Old August 23, 2014   #143
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Anyone else follow-up on any of the lines I sent originally? Would love to hear about results.

I'm really interested in GZ x BFT since the F1 is getting good reviews in this thread. A colleague grew one F2 plant and got a nice striped fruit. His plant was not in a good location though so hard to assess the plant and fruit quality. I've sent F2 seed to another that was going to do a larger growout but haven't heard back.
Last year my F1 seed saving was a disaster. However, I had a few leftover to try again. Hopefully I will be able to continue the growout from them, just a year later. I am getting some "mystery" tomatoes that basically look like a green zebra with a red blush. Those could possibly be from my last years seeds I got from you, but no way to know without a label. And the wind storm took that.Good tomato though. Tastes good and looks stunning.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; August 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote