View Single Post
Old August 26, 2020   #6
kilroyscarnival
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcode View Post
Well, the taller the container, the better the drainage (compared to a less tall, same volume container). I don't think there should be any disadvantages, except stability. There was a guy on youtube, russian or similar, who planted in a tall barrel a tall skinny plant, all the way to the bottom and added soil around it to the top. He said it's great (I'm not particularly convinced, but who knows).
Interesting! And I thought I'd plumbed the depths of YouTube for gardening ideas.

I think if I have enough evenly growing starts I will try some one way and some the other, try to keep all else the same and see how it goes.

Thanks for your thoughts, Zipcode... I thought the same thing, that drainage should be improved, at least versus a hard-sided container. The grow bags have been great for that as well, and while it won't be our rainy season by the time these should get going, it's definitely something to be on guard for.

If you think of that Youtuber's name, I'd love to check him out. I've done a search or two. Finally I Google translated "Tomatoes in containers" into Russian and tried that.
kilroyscarnival is offline   Reply With Quote