View Single Post
Old March 8, 2016   #29
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Canning is great! I hope you overcome your fear and try it!

@Backyardfarm, question, what brand and where did you buy that standalone burner?
Quote:
I have the granite type canner so I bought an inexpensive plug in two burner set up (It cost $15). I actually like it better!
As said the presto works on glass. However, the glass needs to be kept very clean. When I first got a 23 qt presto a few years back it would not boil water on our glass top. It came close to a boil but then the stove would overheat and only cycle on for about 3 sec out of 10, on high. Upon removal, there were big hot spots on the burner. Same on another burner. I spoke to presto about it, sent it back, and they evaluated it; they claimed the bottom was within spec. When I got it back it worked fine... The only difference on my end was keeping the burner very clean with barkeeper's friend. I'm not sure if they swapped me another pot, or not. I just know the process was disheartening and a pain in the butt.

I would sure love to have a gas range, but we're stuck with electric at this point.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote