Thread: Micro-organisms
View Single Post
Old October 28, 2009   #7
RJ_Hythloday
Tomatovillian™

I have not been to the woods, but I do have a worm bin. I have made a concoction of steamed brown rice - then I add uncooked ground wheat germ/oat bran/flax seed molasses put it all in a cheap nylon stocking and bury it in the worm bin for 4-10 days, basically until I'm ready to brew some AVCT.

I've never looked at my AVCT under a microscope but I'm sure it's good for the soil. A lot of the things I have done this year don't have any scientific proof to my knowledge, but they do make sense.

I have made many concoctions such as LB lacto bacillus, BIMs from corn, tomato, cucurbits(cuke-watermelon-squash), banana, potato, (pest deterrent) aloe-garlic-onion-hot peppers, most of them w/ the fruit and even parts of the plant. I have found that the smaller the stuff(blended) is faster to ferment-putrify. I add molasses to them during the growth/capture of BIM.

When I make my AVCT's I add about 1/4 cup ea, 1/2 cup of the LB,kelp/fish emulsion/liquid rare earth/molasses. The stocking off BIM from the worm bin, some worm castings.

I can't say any or all of it has/hasn't worked. I did have a successfull tomato/pepper year. Lots of powdery mildew on cucurbits, but I got kind of lazy w/ any treatment programs. SVB took out my acorn squash, I'll plant them later next year.

If you haven't read it all yet, GW would really be the best place to gather alot of info. I had a lot of good conversations w/ bluetranes and others there last winter.

Start w/ Why I love the internet, really it's on topic
RJ_Hythloday is offline   Reply With Quote