View Single Post
Old October 20, 2018   #8
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondo View Post
Our winters are mostly in the low to mid 20s overnight with warmish days so the ground never freezes here. I’m keen to make the cover crops as diverse as the local climate will allow. Most plants that don’t die over winter here don’t grow much either so have to be planted well before the cold sets in to get to any reasonable size.
With you on the napping. I don’t normally nap during the day but when I visit my son and his family (4 kids) I sneak off after lunch for a bit of a snooze. I love the kids dearly but boy do they wear me out!
I have 2 grandsons 6 years old and 11 months,I think the youngest wears me out more lol but I can't turn down any time he wants to be held.They grow so fast.The oldest will not sit next to me much anymore unless I'm holding the baby and then he and his 5 year old sister all want to sit on Grandpas lap.You have to love those times now when their young.Your weather sounds like what they get south of us and you should have good options when it comes to cover cropping.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote