Thread: Poop ID
View Single Post
Old July 6, 2021   #1
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Default Poop ID

A couple of days ago I transferred my Kratky Squash in a 6" net bucket lid on a 5 gallon bucket to an insulation clad 20 gallon trash can with an XPS foam lid. The following morning I noticed that a leaf had been chewed on and there were oodles of these little round black droppings on the foam. (I brushed most of them away before I thought to take a photo for you all ). From my limited research, the droppings seemed to resemble cockroach droppings the most, but I'm not at all sure and would like your opinion. I put out a roach trap that you can see in the photo and since then there have been no new droppings or other signs of activity. The trap is 3-1/2 inches a side. The foam is about 2 feet off the ground and up against a chain link fence. I hadn't examined the plant real closely before moving, so maybe the leaf had been chewed on before the move. I examined the leaves and couldn't see any little creatures - moving around or stationary. Any ideas on who the culpret might be (or might have been) ??

Thanks
Anne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poop id 7621.jpg (257.4 KB, 64 views)
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote