View Single Post
Old December 31, 2010   #20
rodger
Tomatovillian™

I am the provider of this potato to many in the garden forums network. I also list this potato with SSE. I recieved the potato in 2001 from Dr. David Bradshaw who is now retired but was a horticulture professor at Clemson University. I don't recall if Mr Bradshaw every stated where he recieved the potato from but he did state he had grown it for a while and it was hands down the best sweetpotato he had ever grown. Mr Bradshaw started and maintained the Heirloom garden in Clemson SC at the South Carolina Botanical gardens. He also offered this potato along with many other heirlooms from his seed collections as part of an heirloom program at Clemson. With budget cuts the University drop his seed line but Mike Watkins who recently retired from the seed lab at Clemson is continuing Mr Bradshaws heirlooms seeds and the Mahon Sweetpotato renamed Bradshaw sweetpotato. Mike started his own company heavenly seeds after retireing and has permission from Mr Bradshaw to continue selling his varieties. After being made aware of this I have sent an e-mail to Mr Bradshaw and to Mike along with copies to the pat. link. It is possible the man that patented this sweet potato is the same person that gave the original potato to Mr Bradshaw since he is from SC and his name is Mahon. I will let ya'll know when I get an answer. Rodger
rodger is offline   Reply With Quote