Thread: Cali Concrete
View Single Post
Old March 4, 2017   #50
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
Jimbo Home Depot has Organic peat moss for 12 bucks a 3 cubic foot bales from Promixand Sunshine. Your buying a fancy name and packaging with the Black Magic brand. The black magic is also a blend. If you want high quality soil go to your local hydroponic store. I buy 3 cubic foot bags of Roots Organic 707 blend for 23 bucks. Its some of the best soil money can buy.
Picked up two bales of sunshine peat moss . My raised beds are one third full of soil. Going to mix in equal amounts of peat with roots organic potting soil by hand then more soil and rinse , repeat till beds are full. No truck so getting peat as I go. Last year I had maters in 20 fifteen gallon containers. I drilled two 2 in holes in bottom of containers and buried the bottom four inches in potting soil. There's a large population of earthworms where the containers were.. Was going to start germination of seeds yesterday but all I got done was marking the solo cups! I accidentally took two doses of Eliquis in the morning and was totally useless for the rest of the day.. Rain tomorrow.
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote