View Single Post
Old July 20, 2007   #40
elkwc36
Tomatovillian™

Randy,
I agree with Tomato Growers Supply. But they list 3 Red Brandywines when there is one. Not a problem now that I know which is the correct one. Before that I just thought I was growing Red Branywine. Like I said most have some variety either misnamed or mislabeled. TGS is one I will continue to use. In my opinion it comes down to what standards you wish to apply. In my case I know what the price is and don't have to buy it if I think I can get something I'll like elsewhere cheaper.
When it concerns Amishland I've found the majority who have critical remarks to make have never bought from her. I'm not sure how you can make a fair judgement when you have never done business with a supplier. In my case those who I have critical remarks to say about them are all I have done business with and in every case a vendor who is recommended here. So I feel I can make fair judgements about them. I'm assuming I must put more weight on honesty, germination rate, willingness to help and varieties growing true than others. In the end each of us is entitled to our opinions. Happy Gardening to all. Jay
elkwc36 is offline   Reply With Quote