View Single Post
Old February 1, 2019   #7
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainJane View Post
Wow, Oakley, those microgreens look wonderful. I have some seed kicking around so am going to sow a flat this weekend.

GoDawgs - which brassicas did you start? Any cauliflower in the groups?
Aspabroc - First time for this. A friend was wondering about it and got me wondering about it too (I've never had broccolini) so I ordered seed and have a six pack started for each of us.

Broccoli - 'Packman' is now the only one I grow because it has consistently done well for me and usually provides a ton of side shoots. The only other variety that has come very close is 'Blue Wind'. Unfortunately over the years I haven't found an OP broccoli that does worth a darn here so I'm done looking.

Cabbages - 'Stonehead' and 'Charleston Wakefield'. This fall I'm going to try 'Premium Late Flat Dutch' along with a few of the others.

Cauliflower - I'm doing 'Amazing'. This is absolutely the last time for trying cauliflower. I've said this twice before but this time I mean it. LOL! It will get both a spring and fall run. I'm convinced the alternating warm and cold stretches here are just not conducive to cauliflower growing.

Collards - 'Vates'

Kale - 'Premier'. It's an unfrilly type so there's nowhere for aphids to hide.

Pac Choi - 'Toi Choi', a dwarf. Cute little buggers. They'll be grown in succession in window boxes.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote