Thread: Banana Legs ?
View Single Post
Old June 22, 2015   #5
Zana
Tomatovillian™

You can always add some lemon juice to the sauce to make it more "acidic"...in fact you'll find it will "brighten up" the sauce.

You can also experiment with slow roasting the tomatoes and peppers before cooking them into a sauce. I've also added slices of onions to the roasting process. You can chop /slice all the maters, peppers and onions and put them in a large bowl, add oil, seasonings and then spread them out on a large cookie sheet and slow /low roast them before cooking them further in a pot for sauce. At that point I've added a few "fresh" maters that have been pureed to the sauce to add more liquid volume, as I find it doesn't dilute it down like when you add just water. Then you can simmer down your sauce the consistency that you want.

Go easy on the seasonings in the sauce, if you're planning on canning it. That way you have a "base sauce" that you can add any seasoning to later.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
There is a fine line between genius and crazy.
I like to use that line as a jump rope.

~Anonymous (but I totally agree with this! LOL)

Forgive and Forget? I'm neither Jesus or nor do I have Alzheimers.

~ Anonymous

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.

-- Dr. Albert Schweitzer
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote