View Single Post
Old February 12, 2013   #93
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I finally took the first batch out of the healing chamber. I guess I'll know how many survived in a couple of days. Some of them are really wilted over so I'm assuming those will be the failures but I'll give them some time and see. I also grafted my third batch of tomatoes yesterday and they went into the vacated healing chamber.

This is really a lot of fun. It's kinda like anticipating a whole batch of new varieties and how they will do in the garden. All of the grafted tomatoes will be new varieties in a way so I'm really looking forward to seeing how they will do once they get in the garden. I'm not going to do any special preparation for transplanting them just what I used to do. I will not be applying any bleach to the spots to give them a head start against fusarium. With the mild wet winter we have had this should make for a good test to see if they can show more resistance than the regular non grafted plant. I am really having high hopes that I can have success with some of my favorite varieties that usually succumb to fusarium very early in the season.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote