View Single Post
Old May 18, 2012   #3
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

I'm assuming your using standard containers with bottom drainage. The type of fertilizer you choose (organic/inorganic) will determine the frequency with which you will apply ferts and at what stage of growth your plant is at. As the plant matures and bears fruit the nutrient uptake of the plant will increase.

The use of Calcium Nitrate (Inorganic Fertilizer) is for special applications where you need a nitrogen or calcium fix for an apparent problem right now as it is available to the plant almost immediately upon application. As you used lime on plantout you should have the calcium requirement covered and as for the nitogen once you decide what fertilizer you choose it should cover that.

This is a new orgainc fert I'm trying this year, Dr. Earth Organic 7 All purpose 4-4-4 with beneficial soil microbes added (Mycorrhiza) as a base for my containers. Then later I will supplement it with BioBizz BioGrow. Check out this site as they have quite a selection of organic ferts. Ami

http://www.groworganic.com/dr-earth-...-444-4-lb.html