Thread: Fall Cole Crops
View Single Post
Old January 3, 2019   #49
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainJane View Post
I’m fighting the same battle. I haven’t watered anything in the garden for 2 months; that’s a first. Yesterday was a miracle- 80 and sunny after the thick fog burned off. Today is supposed to be the same. Broccoli and cauliflower are just sitting there, not looking great. The mustard and arugula don’t seem to care so at least I have those. I brought the lettuce seedlings in a few times to dry them out over these last 6 weeks. I’m going to plant them out today.Peas are just ok when they are typically gang busters.
I sure hope this little warm weather wave reaches you!
The warm weather has already reached me with it at 77 today which is pretty warm for early January even down here. It has been pretty warm for a few weeks now with a few cold days thrown in but nothing severe. My cabbage seems to be doing alright along with my rutabagas; but my broccoli and cauliflower are already heading and some are through heading although some of the plants are tiny. I looked today at some of my 7 inch tall cauliflowers with one inch heads and small skinny broccoli with 2 inch heads. I think I am going to pull them all in a day or two and harvest what "little" I can and replant them and hope for better luck going forward.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote