View Single Post
Old February 1, 2019   #17
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDawgs View Post
When the RKN thing reared it's ugly head in the garden and I had to move tomatoes to containers, it really cut down on how many tomatoes I could grow. So I kept the varieties that have done best for me in this part of Georgia and every year I try one or two new ones. That's a slow "research" pace but oh well.

It's the "What new somethings should I try this year?" that's the hard part. The Celebrity, Better Boy, Early Girl Bush and Juliet remain from the Old Guard. Last year I tried Homestead and Creole and am doing Homestead again this year while Creole makes way for others. It was a nice tomato but is temporarily going away to make room for new.

The new this year will be Stump of the World, Rio Grande paste and Bella Rosa for spring. Maybe two other kinds for fall. Guess I need a few more buckets!

Good luck choosing your new 'maters!
That is one of the main factors in my choices. We have RKN and Fusarium Wilt 3 in our soil, so we went to containers too. The varieties I am choosing produced well even when planted in the infected soil a few years ago. They produced well in containers last year, so why not stick with a winning hand.

Tastes is the other main factor, and the ones I chose are varieties that everyone likes a lot that I grow for.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote