View Single Post
Old July 17, 2018   #24
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

A brief update. First casualty today -- my pruners accidentally cut Chocolate Lightning through the main stem about 1" up from the soil line... Actually, I have an abundance of great tomatoes, and I really didn't like CL. I didn't care at all for the flavor or the relatively thick skin, and it had about 100% radial stem cracking. (I really have a "thing" about cracking.) Apologies to fans of CL.

In its place, I moved Orange Roussollini to the vacant spot. That will also give Dwarf Velvet Night and a couple of neighbors more sun. Dwarf Velvet Night continues to impress. Call it by any name, it's a 2 oz saladette with a delicious taste with more than a hint of sweetness. Not sweet like a good cherry tomato, but definitely sweet for a regular tom. This one is a keeper!

My remaining Dwarf Arctic Rose is doing much better than the one I had culled. This one should make 3 ft and has lots of small tomatoes on it. The other one wasn't even 2 ft.

Still no ripe fruit from Dwarf Purple Heart. Picked the first Kumato OP yesterday, which is also in an EarthBox along with Perth Pride. PP has its first fruit blushing.

-GG

Last edited by Greatgardens; July 17, 2018 at 01:17 PM.
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote