View Single Post
Old December 15, 2015   #64
Ambiorix
Tomatovillian™

H) The big family of the pineapple at Ambiorix.

1) Introduction.

I am going to show that the fact of making grow up varieties pineapple in the presence of blue varieties and not to protect flowers is dangerous for every generation.

Until 2008 I had no blue varieties.
In 2009, I had only 3 plants of blue OSU.
In 2011, I received from seeds resulting from one of my testers which had made grow up a great deal of the plants of blue tomatoes of seeds coming from my 56 th blue tomato OSU with varieties pineapple.
I obtained my first 11 tomatoes " pineapple blue " in 2011 which increased just next to tomatoes pineapple with regular leaves and with leaves of potatoes.

2) My generations from seeds of pineapple with leaves of potatoes.

I obtained in 2012 tomatoes pineapple with leaves of potatoes.
In 2014, a seed resulting from my reference 2081AB gave me onto the same plant:
a) An orange yellow not corresponding tomato: 4930AB
b) A corresponding tomato: 4929AB
c) A very red not corresponding tomato: 4825AB

In 2015,
a) A seed coming from my reference 4825AB gave me a rather corresponding tomato 5570AB.
b) A seed coming from my reference 4929AB gave me a not corresponding tomato with some red and the yellow: 5835AB.

My management system of my sowing and the follow-ups of my growths by means of many photos always allows me a good location.

In this first studied case, all the obtained plants were in leaves of potatoes.

314 ananas PDT.jpg

3)My generations from seeds of pineapple with regular leaves.

I also had seeds of pineapple with regular leaves.

In 2014,
a) A seed gave a plant with leaves of potatoes in ST192 in compliance with the point of view pineapple. (4551AB)
b) Another seed gave a plant in ST205 who had
1 °) tomatoes with skin red and flesh red with regular leaves. (4695AB)
2 °) a tomato with red skin and blue. (4550AB)

In 2015, a seed of 4695AB gave tomatoes pineapple corresponding and the plant had regular leaves.

315 ananas reg.jpg

4) My generations from seeds of blue pineapple (case 1)

Here, the blue danger causes a big variation of characteristic year by year.
In 2010 took place the fortuitous crossing (OSU56*ananas reg) F1
In 2011, there were 11 tomatoes with yellow and blue skin and yellow flesh as the 10004AB.

2098AB is thus the girl of 1004AB: leaves were regular with the blue color of anthocyanins thus noted "regular antho ".
A plant gave in Italy in 2014 tomatoes to red and blue skin with a red flesh. (4061CT). Leaves were regular.

In 2015, I obtained in GC56 tomatoes with orange red skin without blue and with yellow flesh. (5889AB).Leaves were regular.

5) My generations from seeds of blue pineapple (Case 2)

A plant gave in France to another tester in 2014 tomatoes to orange and blue skin with a yellow flesh. (4061CT). Leaves were regular and had anthocyanins.

In 2015
4061CT gave me yellow and blue red tomatoes with a yellow flesh containing few seeds and some more of red.
The flower of the cluster which gave this tomato had thus been protected the result depends on fortuitous crossing of the previous years.
A tomato from which flowers will have been protected will always be accompanied of one Z if this protection is realized with a bag in organZa.

316 ananas reg antho.jpg

6) My generations from seeds of blue pineapple (Case 3)

To another tester in the South of France, in 2014, he obtained on three different plants three sorts of tomatoes:
a) Red and blue very small tomatoes with 2 or 3 rooms with red flesh looking like the OSU of departure
b) Red and blue rather big tomatoes with red flesh and with many rooms.
c) Tomatoes pineapple corresponding: yellow and blue skin with yellow flesh.

In 2015, I obtained two plants with regular leaves with anthocyanins but with little blue (5829AB ) or not (5502AB )on the skin.

317 ananas reg antho.jpg

7)My generations from seeds of blue pineapple (Case 4)

This case results from descendants of 1008AB, a sister of 1004AB who gave at another French tester 3008 / 3009SP.

All the tomatoes were in red skin and with many blue with a red flesh with
a) Regular leaves and anthocyanins: 4066PX
b) Leaves)of potatoes and anthocyanins on leaves: 4056PX and 4072PX.

In 2015 4072PX gave two plants with leaves of potatoes and big red tomatoes of good taste.

There is thus a corresponding and flavourful tomato with a bag organza (5931AB) and one other one without organza (5868AB) on the same plant and on another plant (5921AB).

318 ananas potatoes antho.jpg

8)My generations from seeds of blue pineapple (Case 5)

2098AB also gave a plant with leaves of potato but without anthocyanins onto leaves and little on the skin: 4061PX.

In 2015,
4061PX gave
a) A very particular tomato (5833AB): Leaves of potato without anthocyanins on the skin and the leaves.
b) A red and blue tomato (5520AB): regular leaves and antho.

319 ananas potatoes no antho.jpg

Thus if flowers of pineapple do not grown up far from a variety of the same family without being protected you will never obtain pineapple of such a kind in compliance with a color, with a given leaf, with a given thickness.
Protect thus the flowers of the tomatoes seeds of which you will harvest for the next year.
Ambiorix is offline   Reply With Quote