View Single Post
Old April 8, 2018   #11
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

DocBrock, that's the first thing I noticed. The bags are heavy and wet. It says with "Water Conserve" This is from Walmart.com:

About this Item
Disclaimer: While we aim to provide accurate product information, it is provided by manufacturers, suppliers and others, and has not been verified by us. See our disclaimer.

Thirsty plants are mopey plants and keeping them hydrated starts from the ground up. The moisture holding power comes from nature, with cool things like yucca and coir. Available in the following sizes: 8 qt., 32 qt.
Miracle-Gro Nature's Care Organic Potting Soil with Water Conserve, 8 qt:
  • Overview and Benefits:
    • Available sizes: 8 qt., 32 qt
    • Absorbs like a sponge to protect against over and under watering
    • Thirsty plants are mopey plants and keeping them hydrated starts from the ground up
    • The moisture holding power comes from nature, with cool things like yucca and coir
  • Packaging:
    • Bag
  • This is not the product label, always read and follow the product label before use

Warnings:

California Proposition 65 Warning: WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer andbirth defects or other reproductive harm.

I'll share an online picture of the bag.

I have the same problem as southern Florida gardeners have with RKN and add in Fusarium Wilt race 3. The buckets will have plastic over the top to keep out the soil diseases as best as I can.

I appreciate the info about root aphids, fungus gnats, and spider mites. I need to treat this mix before planting in it. I will do that with the pro mix too. I use a product called Garden Safe. It kills fire ants and supposedly 250 garden and lawn pests/insects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miracle-gro-potting-soil-71683120-64_1000.jpg (71.2 KB, 851 views)
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote