View Single Post
Old February 10, 2008   #12
cdntomato
Tomatovillian™

I assumed that calling this thing 'True Black Brandywine' was an effort to distinguish it from the recent cross being circulated in various formations. I posted this originally because the listing was public. If it had been sent to me privately, I would have kept it private.

I have issues with the Brandywines in circulation in Canada, especially. It (the generic beast called 'Brandywine') may prove to be a catalyst for unwanted (to me at least) changes, restrictive changes, in seed regulations. Too much wrong stuff now being flogged by the big ticket sellers. There will be fall-out.

Terry, I'm in agreement with Carolyn about not wanting to discuss the 'legacy' of W3 here. I will say that I first heard about him and his books when I was still at the Toronto Historical Board. An historian specializing in hort. related stuff called his work 'some of the best fiction' he'd read that year.

Enough said. Public research and awareness campaign on my part now over for me. I'm clear on what's what, thanks as usual to Craig and Carolyn

Thanks,
Jennifer