View Single Post
Old September 18, 2019   #19
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Well, for once the weather dude was spot on. Right now at 2:30pm it's 76 after a high of 82. A nice breeze too. The clouds are starting to move away. It is such a joy after a stretch of upper 90's!

I was too tired to set out plants last night so Pickles and I did that this morning.

Four Long Island Improved Brussels, three Premier kale, three Vates collards with room for something else on the other side of the bed. A bed of Wando peas in the bed behind them, double rows down each side:

Six Packman broccoli and four Amazing cauliflower on one side and in about three weeks the same will be planted down the other side of the bed, once the plants are ready:

In another area I planted cabbages, four varieties with different DTMs; 4 Stonehead, 4 Charleston Wakefield, 3 Late Flat Dutch and 2 Red Acre. The Dutch and Red Acre are both new to me. The Reds were free seed.

There are also two beds of bush beans. Contender in the foreground and in the bed on the other side of the garden there are Strikes on one side and Jade on the other. Jade was more free seed and I've never done them. Spotty germination on those.

Next week I will sow turnips, daikon radish and carrots and that will be it for September planting. Onions, scallions, garlic and two hills of fall planted potatoes under plastic will get planted in October. That will finish the fall garden.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote