View Single Post
Old July 7, 2018   #19
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.kelpie View Post
Yup, if I was that worried about my tomatoes, I'd fence them, or plant them somewhere else.

Sadly, he is not cuddly. I've had him for 6 years, since he was a baby, and I can't even pet him. He's friendly enough, he likes to come hang out with me and follow me around the yard, but the minute I try to touch him, he's gone.

Is he a breed known as a "Broken Rex" or maybe that is just a color pattern ( don't know that much about rabbits other than the usual)?

Does he take food from your hand? Prey animals can react to touch different than predators do.

Had a very young but litter trained broken rex rabbit in my semi (1970's) for almost a month, until I could get home and pass her along to a friend's daughter for an FFA project. At that time, had a dobe, a siamese cat and that bunny in a (thankfully) large walk in sleeper PB truck. The cat and bunny shared a litter box and the cat would get mad as the bunny did not cover up her "stuff", and verbally complain as he would cover the bunny leavings!
imp is offline   Reply With Quote