View Single Post
Old October 26, 2018   #35
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
Yes, I agree with you, Ted, seed saving slows the whole process down. As I've had Dwarf Project pastes from nine different plants in almost every batch I've run through this year, it meant I spent a lot of time sorting the tomatoes by plant, picking out seeds, putting them in little labeled jars, rinsing the cutting board and knife before moving on to the ones from the next plant... Really slows down the process.

Thankfully the fruit have been very consistent from each plant and I have saved more than enough seeds from each to send off to Craig, so didn't have to save any from this last batch. What a treat it was to just zip through them!

I hope your KA shows up soon. I don't do much baking other than bread now and then, but with the meat grinder attachment we use to grind meat for sausage making, and now the food mill attachment for the tomatoes, I feel like it's finally earning it's keep!

I'm catching up on some posts while I chill from my car ordeal (in the 2cents forum). I thought it was me that is a slowpoke on the few varieties I save. It takes me forever with just a few tomatoes. Just wanted to say thank you for doing all this on a large scale basis!

Territorial Seeds posted an interesting video on youtube of their tomato seed saving process. The seeds get a lot more handling than I thought was possible without damage.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote