View Single Post
Old September 26, 2018   #2
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

Farmtek is expensive and so so engineering. The truss kit cost is absurdly high.
Check out rimol.
You can get trusses on every bow, windbrace kit, double layer plastic with fan, roll-up side kit with manual gearbox, and double channel aluminum (for the side curtains so you don't have to buy lumber for a hip board that you still have to attach a single channel to), delivered for under well under 10k.
Instruction binder is nice and everything is marked and pre-drilled. Top notch quality from top to bottom.
I built my 30x72 noreaster completely by myself. I worked on it over last fall and winter when I had time and weather allowed. Covered it in early February with my wife’s help.
I also installed gable vents and the automated side roll up kit.
If I had help and no accessories, I could have one up in under a week, but I’ve also built a mess of tunnels and greenhouses over the years.
Back to cost, I paid a little over 10k delivered (delaware) and got the 30x72 nor’easter with 2 48” gable vents with the motorized automatic shutters and automated roll up sides.
If I did no auto gable vents or automated sides, it’d been well under 10k delivered. I’ll pull the invoice tomorrow and tell u exact.

HT 2018.jpg

5-26-18 pano.JPG

5-26-18.jpg

We harvested this year: vertically: tomatoes, greenbeans, and cukes. In the ground: day neutral strawberries (first pick in may, still getting some now. at one point from june-july, we were getting 3 pounds every 2 days from 144 Albion plants), zucchini, lettuce, broccoli, onions, seedless watermellons, and carrots.

Last edited by PureHarvest; September 27, 2018 at 10:48 AM.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote