View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013   #64
RayR
Tomatovillian™

The bucket bubbler method is not pointless, Dr. Ingham has written articles on how to do it in as little as a 5 gallon bucket, it just maybe not the ideal way to do a disease suppressive tea as GT87 pointed out. I think unless someone can prove otherwise, the kitchen sink method may just be a waste of money and time. I've seen many amateur tea brewers on the Net recommending insane amounts of molasses, humic acids and other food sources and amendments to teas, but if you look at the folks who have had many years of first hand experience studying compost teas, you never see that. If anything, additions to compost teas are added in very small amounts.

Naysen, I have no personal experience with Verticillium or Fusarium, but from what I've read, Trichoderma are the best biological control for those fungal pathogens. Trichoderma inoculants are not recommended as an a compost tea ingredient, but should be applied directly to the soil. There's an old thread on that I read on the Soil Food Web/Compost Tea Yahoo group.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote