View Single Post
Old January 4, 2019   #5
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

I have done a bit of research on this and there is a split on Led's being a safety issue. I haven't found any truly legitimate research about this issue.
I don't think its a big deal if your grow room is in a tent or situated away from rooms that you may be in on a daily basis, like in a room where you are watching tv.

However, with that said, I would always err on the side of caution. If you plan on running Led's in a room that you will be in any length of time. I probably would buy sun curtains and use a makeshift curtain rod setup with pvc or something.
You could have the curtains open from the center to work on the plants. If you have the cash, a Grow tent would be nice.

Unlike oldman, I plan on growing the entire winter from November till spring planting.

My grow room is in the basement where it is 100 percent cut off from the daily hustle and bustle of my family or pets, with the occasion visit to the garage fridge to grab some sodas.

I did order a Pair of UV sunglasses that I will use when I am tending to my plants, but I draw the line at sunblock
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote