View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017   #252
Fritz77
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHarvest View Post
Anyone gearing up this year to go big again?

I have 2 Big Zac and 4 Chapman.

All 4 Chapman had HUGE megablooms on Saturday morning. Then at the end of the day I was exhausted from working and wanted to end the day with some light duty tasks such as cluster thinning and suckering. So as I worked my way up and down my rows, I realized, too late, that I pinched off two of the 4 Chapman megablooms. That hurt. Live and learn I guess.
Still have two, so we will see how it goes.
My BZ does not have any unusually large buds at this point. Same thing happened last year. Maybe I need to get different BZ genetics...
Yes. I'll try again to go big, eventhough I already know that I'll probably fail. Last year my biggest tomato was just 600g (1pound 5 oz). For this seasons I had high expectations on at least 5 varieties: Maga Marv, Shuntuski Velikan, Slankard's, Donskoi and George Detsikas.

For MM and SV I had only 1 plant germinating out of 5 seeds I had of each variety. My 1 year old son accidentally stepped on the SV seedling while I had it on a tray in the balcony, so it didn't even make it to the garden.

So this is what I have left

1 Mega Marv (which by the way is growing very slowly...)
4 Donskoi
3 George Detsikas IT Red
2 Slankard's

My goal is to reach 2 pounds, but I could be happy if I beat my record from last year

Last edited by Fritz77; May 29, 2017 at 09:53 AM.
Fritz77 is offline   Reply With Quote